There are moments, of course, when the grave importance of what we are about to enter into resonates in me with a profound gratitude. Most of the time, unfortunately, the daily management of details wins out over the mystery of love forevermore.
This week has been full of a lot of Dr. Mario, cleaning, Wii Fit Plus, laughing ’til I cry at work, and kitten-wrangling. And last-minute things, which touch even me. Yes, even me. Ice: something that needs to be present at the wedding, in mass quantity, but NOT melted. Scary stuff. That wasn’t on any of the wedding checklists I looked at. But I guess most people can afford to hire someone to think of these things for them.
Tonight Dan’s parents and brother get into town and are staying with us for a few days, so the fun is officially beginning and the preparations are officially over. I love when Dan’s parents visit. Let the museum trips, porch hangouts, and beer cans piling up begin!
In other news, I think we’ve decided on the name of “Gozer” for our little white kitten. Because she’s hot stuff, but she’s evil.
LINKS — I HAS DEM:
- Well, I’ve been saying this all along.
- RVANews was…on the news! Famous, famous. Check it out here.
- And because I’m not quite done with Star Wars yet and never will be, pizza WIN!
- This is awesome…I’d really like to see more regular people in magazines.
- Poe wins.
- Loving the Smiths cross-stitches.
- I adore Advanced Style and I want to be like this lady when I grow up. The end.
- Last-minute Halloween costume? Now you have no excuse.
- Dudes, this is an awesome trick-or-treating idea. WHO’S WITH ME?! Next year though.
- Still not quite sure who this “Kanye” is, but found this funny anyway.
And finally, some amazing color combinations to make a bride second-guess her own choices…from Little White Book.