Things I’m thankful for today:
- Electric fans.
- Strangers who text in the middle of the night to say they’ve dropped my cat off in front of my house.
- Polite audiences during truly awful plays.
- Smells of flowers, breakfasts, and spices on my morning run.
- Letting the sprinkler systems of fancy houses on Park get my ankles, just a little bit, as I pass on the sidewalk.
- How sesame seeds get all crunchy on a freshly-toasted bagel.
- A kittycat curled up in a ball on a pillow.
- Fresh vegetables, some bought and some gifted, in the refrigerator.
- That feeling when you’ve just finished a writing assignment.
- Switching purses.
And specifically related to this weekend: