I don’t have much in the way of groundbreaking news right this second…I’ve spent the past few days doing a lot of crafting and taking care of stuff around the house. So I’ll just post some random things:
Friday was one of the best days of my life. Dan worked all night Thursday, so he didn’t have to work Friday. He slept while I was at work, and when I came home we wrapped ourselves up under a blanket and watched several DVDs in a row about tourism in Hawaii, and brainstormed about going there for our honeymoon. Afterward we had dinner at Mezzanine, which was delicious. Dan freaked out over his beet salad and green curry quinoa, and I enjoyed my crab cakes (what’s not to like? it’s crab cakes). I’m sure somebody’s already written an essay somewhere about the ability of good, flavorful food to bring out the smiles and the good conversation, so I won’t attempt it right now. Later we watched Say Anything, which finally struck a chord with me this time even though I’d seen it before, and then were way too tired to go out. Over the past few days we’ve both continually mentioned how great Friday was. We’re so busy we don’t get much of a chance to just relax together, so Friday was a much-needed oasis in our hectic week.
Three observations from the benefit show (for the Oregon Hill fire victims) on Saturday night:
- Sit-down shows are the very best shows.
- Singing loudly is not the same thing as singing well.
- Talia should be in charge of organizing all shows from here on out, forever and ever amen.
In other news, Daniel Lawson and I are reinforcing our Myspace loyalty by attempting to update each others’ comments with the latest news of our lives, several times per day.
And now for some links:
- Thank goodness ICHC agrees with me.
- Exchanging eyes: A bizarre gesture of endearment that strangely enough, I’d like to try.
- Surrounded by print.
- Our latest Robot Hearts was published on Tuesday, in case you missed it.
- What a coincidence Matthew Macfadyen, I feel the same way about you.