Too much ground to cover and not enough time or energy to type it all. I got a lot done this week, including:
- A wedding dress-maker selected, schemes cooked up, and sketches drawn up. I picked her because she can see inside my head. I’m like Karl freaking Lagerfeld here. I’m just dictating and somebody else is sewing. I could get used to this.
- The Twilight saga finally finished (except for Midnight Sun). Tears were shed. I still cannot find a TEAM JACOB button at any Hot Topic this side of the Mississippi, and there’s probably a good reason for that.
- Sparkling cider drank with Katie and Angie. And they gave me a book that I’m now reading, a talisman to ward off a bad marriage. So far it smacks of that special brand of condescension you can only find in the self-help section, and it seems to be finding 837 different ways to simply say “calm down,” but I know there’s got to be a tangible nugget of advice in there somewhere! Otherwise it couldn’t have been placed in my hands. I’m determined to find it! I’m only a couple of chapters in.
- Wedding flowers picked out and kept very, very simple. The wedding guy at the flower shop said something unintelligible in his luxurious accent, but I think it must have meant something like “Chill, y’all. I got this.” And I believe him.
- Several new hairpieces made in a weekend rush order for a commercial shoot. I can relate to my dressmaker in that I’ve realized how much fun it is to do custom work. I get a set of constraints, and then I’m free to embellish within those constraints however I see fit. Magical.
- Something amazing overheard at Hebrew school this morning: Kid 1: “You just need to make a robotic dinosaur that’s indestructible, and then give it to me. Okay, mister?” Kid 2: “Okay.” Let’s all be on the lookout for this fearsome beast.
- A new blog header designed. What, you hadn’t noticed?! That’s right, you SHOULD NOT notice if you’re using a feed reader like all the other grown-ups! But seriously, 3 or 4 years is long enough for any header to take its turn, especially one as homespun as the last one. This one is slightly better.