Yesterday morning I decided to go on a run at the cemetery instead of my usual route. It was so deserted and beautiful there, but it tried to kill me with its hills. It was worth climbing the hills though, because I got to see one of the prettiest sunrises of my life. As the sun rose over the river, it bathed all the tombs in bright orange-y light, and the light glinting off the huge mausoleum at the river’s edge made me feel like I was enjoying my own personal laser light show. Thankful am I for having such beauty at my doorstep, and the ability to escape to the calm quiet of the cemetery whenever I please.
Back in the real world though, lots is going on. I have been incredibly productive since Thursday. I’ve wanted a staycation for over a year, and I finally got it. Imagine all the stuff you could get done if you didn’t have to go to work every day! Unfortunately I have only ’til the end of this week to bask in this advantage, because the bills got to be paid. A couple of weeks ago, we placed a mega long list of house projects on the refrigerator. I’m happy and excited to say that ALL the urgent items are now finished and only a few projects remain, which we’ll complete shortly. Amongst other things, I’ve completely overhauled the kitchen cabinet organization, and spent the entire day yesterday cleaning the entire kitchen from top to bottom. My arms are killing me. Today I’ll finish the wallhangings and then I’ll be pretty much ready to receive dinner guests. Huzzah! Soon I also hope to take a bunch of photos of the house, to remember it just as it is now.
So much news…
- The Catrows had their baby! And thanks to Ross’ liveblogging, I feel like I was there. I can’t wait to meet Jackson.
- Brandi sticks up for local designers — yeah! Soon she’ll be buying mine though. The first one is free but after that she has to pay.
- Some guy’s cute MCM chair collection. Love it.
- This one goes out to everyone I’ve pressured to switch to Gmail. It is SO easy. Do it. Do it do it do it do it do it. You will thank me later.
- It would be a dream come true if they did end up opening up the Pump House.
- Great street style pics from Threadbanger.
- Totally WANT.
- Alexander McQueen is coming to Target?! We commoners are just too lucky. I love my life.
- Kenny’s DJ nights continue to own.
- Yma Sumac, who inspired me just as much with her beauty as with her song, has died! Thanks to Lightning’s GIrl for posting this.
- Typocalypse: an investigation of the subliminal messages fonts are giving you. Cracked up over this. I particularly liked their take on my most-loathed font. The comments for each image are just as hilarious.