I was just watching Marie Antoinette, and I randomly came across this bizarre thing called the “Moberly-Jourdain incident” in which two women claimed to have fallen into some sort of wormhole during a visit to the Petit Trianon. When I stumble across things like this, I am more delighted than if I had found a hundred dollars on the ground. I can’t decide which idea I love more: the one of these soft, incandescent ghosts appearing on the lawn one random afternoon, or the one of two suburban spinsters thinking some gaudy avant-gardes are members of Louis’ court. It is too wonderful, either way.
Pool party last night: smashing!
Gardening and hanging out alone tonight: calming and wonderful.
Links to catch up on:
- Good call: vintage educational charts. The phrenology one would match my similar bust.
- I’ve been a huge fan of the rather unaffordable John Derian for some time…and I hate to be so predictable, but Target has answered my prayers once again and will be featuring exactly what I want. Huzzah!
- An interesting article about more women in forensic science, due to all those crime dramas I so despise. I can’t think of anything more odious. At any rate, I remind my boss so much of one of them that he regularly calls me her name and completely doesn’t realize it.
- Seriously though. This is really important to me. And so is this.
- A ton of great Best Friends Day photos from Michael Otley, including some really great ones of Dan.
- Absurd and perfect.
- This is very Alice.
- Good job, Daguerre.
- Nicely put — an observation about the romantic hero, via Phil’s blog.
Flickr has some cool new slideshow features. Unfortunately you can’t embed things into WordPress, but I can sure as heck provide a link. Here’s a slideshow of photos that other have taken and that I have marked as favorites.