The roses have gone and gotten unruly, in a beautiful sort of way. Today, they had to have a haircut.
It’s difficult to leave for work every day when you live in the secret garden. Especially when you could spend the rest of the day making mint juleps and lounging in a lawn chair instead.
Whenever you go on a trip, it seems like such a backlog of to-do items greets you on your return that you can’t operate on any normal plane until they’re all taken care of. Now that things have calmed down and I’ve steadily ticked those things away, I feel much better. Calm and peaceful, that’s my favorite way.
The softball season is fully underway, and I’ve been playing not quite as terribly in the field as I normally do.
This week I finally got around to trying the beignets over at Louisiana Flair, and I have to say they are delicious. If you like doughnuts, you like beignets. Thanks to Tripp for pointing me in that direction originally. P.S., we miss you at work man. Those beignets are daaaangerously close to the front door of our office.
“I simply must speak to Cook about that wiener schnitzel. It’s entirely too good for my figure.”
In other news…
- The incredible photography of Susana Raab. I think she captures the south so eloquently. Usually seeing a picture of something destroys your idea of it in your head, but that is exactly how I imagined Faulkner’s house might look.
- Who’s coming to Brandi’s birthday hangout?
- The Greek Fest is coming.
- A much better idea than graffiti, I think!
- Be part of Skull-A-Day!
- They’re mixing segways and history now! Holy smokes!
- Alison is engaged, and her ring is BLACK. Heck yes.
- Handheld NES gaming!
- Cube WANT.