This weekend was amazing with so much going on I could barely breathe. Friday night I saw Zetamale, Orioles, and Marshall Costan play at Nonesuch, which was fantastic. Afterwards we all headed over the usual place for the usual drill. Saturday morning I caught up with Daron over breakfast (yep, still my hero), and later picked pumpkins with Gianna, Katia, and KC (Richmond resident A-listers). That night I went to Wicked Woods, a new haunted woods thing near Fredericksburg. It was way better than Creepy Hollow and the stuff at Ashland Berry Farm, and well worth the $13 that Jameson, Kathryn, Angie and I paid to get in. ‘Twas a fantastic Saturday, from beginning to end.
Also over the weekend, I accomplished the following:
- Cleaned out the refrigerator doors (a way bigger task than you think)
- Scrubbed the entire kitchen floor (same)
- Cleaned the upstairs bathroom, including the floor under the tub (yikes)
- Planted the front garden
- Finished cleaning out underneath the stairs behind the house…quite possibly the worst job yet of all these
- Took the clippers to the sidewalk between the house and the fence
- Started clipping the jungle away along the backyard fence, but didn’t have time to make much progress, let alone finish
Yesterday when I got home from work, Old Man Johnson (this is what we call the man that lives across the street; we don’t know his name but he’s quite possibly the most amazing neighbor you could ever have, in a Fairy Godfather sort of a way) was out back finishing the clipping job I had started! He was already almost done with half the backyard. Allen told him to do it. I love my house, I love my neighbors, I love everything. I love not having to finish that insane job.
Then I baked some Halloween-y cupcakes and Kathryn helped ice them. We went to Common Groundz (yeah, I know) to see Langley Holland and the Immaculate Shark: both fantastic. Clair was stoked that we were there, and it was great to see him. We had fun doing Etch-A-Sketch with Diana.
And now, for links!
- My favorite color bursts onto the interior design scene. So lovely.
- Again, why I love the eastern shore.
- Skybus = more cheap flight options in RVA?
- Banners galore.
- This catalog gets me every time.
- In case you’re that one person who still doesn’t “get” I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER.
- As always, Chris Lacrox captured Megadeth way better than I did. His photos are great.
- Skull takeover.
- Science-themed decor.
- Kevin’s back!
- If Pete Humes has been ousted by Brick Weekly, that is NOT good.
- Stop giving boring gifts and use the Modish Gift Guide.
- Amazing mad scientist invitations.
- Holy adorable labels, Batman!
- Still more Halloween stuff.
- Gmail cements its place as the reigning ruler of email by supporting IMAP!
- Halloween tutorial round-up by Whip Up.
- Tons of tight Halloween items from Modish.
- Oh, that’s why I love Martha.
Tonight I shall pick Dan up from the airport for his final visit to RVA before he moves here. The word “excitement” doesn’t even do it justice.