Above is one of Maddie’s recent paintings. All proceeds go to the Chateau Fund. I’m dead serious. Please see me if you’d like to buy this one for eight million dollars.
I stumbled across the RVA Mannequin blog, and it’s an exciting addition to Richmond blogosphere. DC has Panda Head, and now we have this. I’m pleased to have already seen adequate representation from people I know and love, and not all in the same group of friends, either. Diversity is one of my favorite things about fashion here in the RVA. But watch out, bike kids! Don’t you know that you’ll lose some of your cred if you’re seen wearing something that doesn’t have 47 holes in it, or that has been washed sometime this side of Christmas?! Quelle domage.
And now on to the links that have been piling up in my Google Reader for the past few days.
- I like the idea of these slipcovers for Ikea furniture.
- This man is responsible for the fried chicken we all know and love.
- Both Bruce and Maddie have been awfully productive lately.
- Add Holly and Kevin to the list of the recently engaged!
- If you guys still aren’t paying attention to Etsy…
- “Beautiful Soup” 18 different ways?!
- A paper crane in exchange for a photo. I like it.
- One of my favorite Poe stories is out on Librivox! Come on, feel the goth!
- I’ve been watching the Virginia Flickrazzi pool, and this was one of my recent favorites. I think it actually captures how bleak and forlorn trees can look.
- It’s unfortch that these reusable grocery bags are sold out, because the fact that they aren’t beige is a strong case for me to start using them. Ah well, foiled again on this whole saving the world thing.
- How usefully goth. How practical. How dark.