It is 74 degrees right now, on December 18, 2006. Perhaps we’ll have a “bright, Hawaiian Christmas Day,” as they say in the song.
Another good weekend was just thrown onto the stack. It involved an amazing show, a visit from Ryan, a cookie-baking extravaganza, and Bleak House, amongst other things. I guess I didn’t get enough sleep last night, though, because today I’m way more sluggish than usual.
I don’t have pictures posted yet, but be patient! They’re pretty good. Currently my arms are killing me from beating Ryan to death in Wii Baseball. I have not even grazed the iceberg of fun that will be had with that thing. So far in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I have managed to rescue some lady’s cat. Awesome.
Maddie’s current Netflix endeavor is Bleak House, which is a series that Susan has been talking about forever but which only very recently came up in our queue. So far (we’re 5 episodes in) it’s been a little unsatisfying in that it hasn’t tied even one of its loose ends together yet, but satisfying in that we’re still enjoying it a ton and wanting to watch more of it. The characters range from the mysterious to the ridiculous, and the general attitude is very dark. It is perhaps the darkest of all the BBC dramas we’ve watched thus far…although North and South might give it a run for its money.
Today we have more good links than usual…
- Why don’t I have this?
- Good gorgeous grief…
- I’ve just discovered the blog Awkward Things I Say to Girls, which is written very wittily by a fellow Richmonder. Here are a couple of examples of posts that I thought were particularly funny. The man knows knitting and musicals, for goodness’ sakes.
- Now this is a good idea. An expensive idea, but good nonetheless.
- An interesting article on photographers’ rights, via Wired.
- The marriage of Star Wars and origami? Sounds like the perfect K-thryn project.
- A strikingly beautiful photo from someone’s strikingly beautiful home. As usual, via Apartment Therapy.
- Dangerous toys, via Wired.
- In reference to the sentence in this post that mentions fluorescent light…I feel the blogger’s pain. If I’ve told them once, I’ve told them a thousand times.
- Love the circuitboard apple ornament. It’s home-y and nerdy.
- Shhhh, the baby is sleeping.
- Still more ornaments I like (and I don’t find them often). These look like little raindrops.
- A shout-out to Richmond’s female bloggers on Haduken. w00t!